Let Us Grow Up
Scripture: Ephesians 4:15–4:16
Look afresh at the whole sentence before we wrap it up today.
Ephesians 4:11–16: And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
Here are reminders of what we have learned from this passage already:
- Pastors and teachers (and all the elders) are responsible to equip Christians to do the work of service.
- Every Christian is responsible to be equipped and to serve.
- The process never ends in this life, because it is until we all attain maturity.
- We must let no one remain immature.
- Speaking truth in love with one another is required in every encounter.
- You Must Be Led By The Head (15)
- You Must Be Connected To Others (16a)
- You Must Be Actively Serving (16b)